The roof is one of your home’s most critically-important structural components, so it’s vital to hire a dependable, experienced roofing contractor when it needs work.
Finding a roofing contractor with the right credentials can seem like an overwhelming task, but using manufacturer certifications as main search criteria can make your job easier.
What are Manufacturer Certifications?
When you’re researching Sacramento-area roofers, you may notice that a handful mention they’re a “Platinum Preferred,” “Select Shingle Master” or “Master Elite” roofing contractor. These aren’t just made-up titles to give a roofer added professional pizzazz – they’re highly-coveted certifications from industry-leading material manufacturers like Owens Corning, CertainTeed and GAF. Roofing manufacturers understand that installation quality directly affects how well their products perform, so they award certification to carefully-chosen local contractors who meet the company’s strict standards.
What Roofing Contractor Certifications Tell You
Manufacturer certifications aren’t something a roofing contractor can apply for on a whim. Certifications are awarded on an invitation-only basis, and only after an arduous approval process that puts the contractor under a microscope.
- Manufacturers expect a contractor to meet all local/state licensing and insurance requirements and have a track record of sound business practices and fiscal responsibility.
- A contractor must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the manufacturer’s products and installation best practices.
- Contractors also need to have a lengthy history of providing superb workmanship and customer service.
Why Look for a Manufacturer-Certified Roofing Contractor?
When you use manufacturer certifications as a guide to help you choose a roofing contractor, you’ll have peace of mind that:
- You’re hiring a knowledgeable professional who can advise you on the latest and best roofing solutions.
- Your roof repairs or installation will be completed skillfully to the manufacturer’s quality standards, so there’s less likelihood of leaks or a premature product failure.
- You have the option of adding lifetime extended warranty coverage that manufacturers only offer through their certified roofing contractors with proven installation expertise.
Straight Line Construction is one of only five roofers in the entire state of California who’ve achieved the highest certifications from all three major manufacturers, which gives homeowners like you the triple assurance that you’re working with a fully-vetted:
- Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor
- CertainTeed Select ShingleMaster roofer
- GAF Master Elite roofing contractor
If you’re searching for a trustworthy professional roofer in the Sacramento area, contact us at Straight Line Construction to learn how our manufacturer certifications can benefit you.