Replacing all the windows in your home is a major expense, so it’s understandable that you may be debating if you should go with the least expensive option available, or whether it’s worth paying more upfront for higher quality windows. Simply put, it’s always wiser to invest in a quality product that pays for itself, and more, over time.
Quality Benefits Offset Higher Window Replacement Cost
It’s true that you might save money on the initial outlay for generic, low-cost windows like the ones found at most big-box home improvement centers, but putting quality above window replacement cost brings you a number of benefits that more than make up for the added expense:
- Improved curb appeal and home value. Having attractive, top of the line replacement windows installed can transform the appearance of your home, enhance its architectural style and even increase its value when you decide that it’s time to sell.
- Built-in energy-saving features. Good quality windows are designed for greater efficiency, with energy-saving features like triple weatherstripping, silicone memory foam spacers, and triple insulating chambers to reduce heat conduction. Argon gas is inserted between the double-glazed panes for a more effective thermal barrier, and a low-E glass coating will reflects the sun’s UV rays from coming into your home.
- Better warranties backed by dependable service. Manufacturers of well-constructed, quality windows typically provide a lifetime, transferable warranty on their products, and back it up with reliable customer service.
- Greater home comfort. With their energy efficient construction and features, top quality windows can eliminate drafts and reduce heat gain and loss through the glass. This increase in efficiency makes it easier to keep your home comfortably cool in the summer, and warm and cozy in the winter.
- Lower heating and cooling costs. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the heating and cooling energy savings you’ll gain by installing efficient new windows can pay for the cost of the upgrade over time.
- Enhanced durability and longevity. Better quality windows are built durably to provide years of trouble-free operation. They’re typically made of tough, weather-resistant materials such as PVC/reclaimed wood fiber composites or virgin vinyl, so they’re virtually maintenance free and less prone to performance issues.
At Straight Line Construction, we recommend and install only top-quality replacement windows crafted by two trusted, industry-leading manufacturers: Anderson and Anlin. For expert help selecting the right new windows for your Sacramento-area home, contact us today!